Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy Valentine's day! And The reason again


I usually post only one a day otherwise you visiters can't follow me. But this time it's Valentine's day, so I have to post another one. I know it's too late for most of visiters in this blog. But it's still noon of Valentine's day here in Quebec.
Valentine wasn't a man loved a girl. But he spent his life to love people. And got killed for the love.
Yeap, to love a girl(or boy) is really important. But this day is for any kinds of love.
That's why I wanna post same message I've posted before. Because it's almost bottom of this blog. I guess many of you have never read this before. This is the story about the woman who has sown me true love.

I was gone back to India 3 month ago. There was a friend I wanted to see again in Kolkata. I met her 6 years ago. She was begging in the street with her boy and baby in her arms. But actually she and her baby were terribly sick. She came to me to ask for money. I was volunteering for Mother Teresa's hospice. That's why I noticed her condition on the spot. And told her that I know free doctor and can take care of them. She lifted her baby into the front my face. And said "help my baby first". I was shocked. "I promise to help both of you" I said. I did anything possible. Then they got cured. I was really happy. This time I've tried to find her out. But couldn't. She was died 6 month before from now, Because of maralia. I was shocked and worry for her children. She had many children. There were many beggers knew me in the street. They felt sorry for my sadness. They took one young guy to me. I couldn't realize who he is. He was my friend's son who was begging with her. He said "I'm taking care of my brothers. Don't worry". And smiled. He has been grown up much bigger.
My friend was Hindu. So she should been burned and floated into Ganga river. And reached Ganga Sagar(The end of Ganga river). It's Hindu custom. That's why I wandered to the place to find her presence.
I had no clear idea for the title of this blog. Then I just put the name of the place that was big impression in my travel experience.

I've taken this picture in Ganga Sagar. It is a sunrise.

3 Comments:

Blogger DiaKL said...

Indeed, and I believe when you love, you dont need Valentines day to show your love, you show it everyday! :)

4:03 PM, February 14, 2006  
Blogger Lore said...

That's such a sweet and touching story!!.... i agree with you both, every day is important to share all that love you have in your heart to others: your family, friends, and even unknown people!! The story about San Valentin it has a wonderful meaning, but you know publicity and all communication ways, made it a commercial day, EVERY DAY SHOULD BE VALENTINE'S DAYS... by the way, a sunrise means a new beggining, a new day to share with others!!! :D

12:49 AM, February 15, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sunrise is the time when people's spirituality is most strong in indian sense. that's why they get into ganga and pray when it's sunrise. i was doing same every morning while in varanasi. foreigners say the river is dirty. but dirty or clean are different from sacred. i don't care what they say. ganga is the palace my body and soul would be floated after my time.

3:07 PM, February 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home




Jerry
Location:Always moving

"Home is where the heart is" my friend said. My heart is in India even I am far from there or my body is pure Japanese. View my complete profile
Nominate Posts
  • The reason why the title is Ganga Sagar
  • Meaning of the picture in the profile
  • The Legend
  • RIVER LINKS
  • Dia
  • Lore
  • Merili
  • Peace
  • Lita
  • Sidney
  • Jill (from US)
  • Micki
  • Lx
  • David Cleinert
  • David Anderson
  • Patty
  • Kasia & Marcin
  • e2d
  • Dustin Hayes
  • A Gateway to Government of India
  • World66
  • Couch Surfing
  • World Sunlight Map
  • Lonely Planet
  • World Map