Tuesday, January 17, 2006

The reason




I was gone back to India 2 month ago. There was a friend I wanted to see again in Kolkata. I met her 6 years ago. She was begging in the street with her boy and baby in her arms. But actually she and her baby were terribly sick. She came to me to ask for money.
I was volunteering for Mother Teresa's hospice. That's why I noticed her condition on the spot. And told her that I know free doctor and can take care of them. She lifted her baby into the front of my face. And said "help my baby first". I was shocked. "I promise to help both of you" I said. I did anything possible. Then they got cured. I was really happy.

This time I've tried to find her out. But couldn't. She was died 5 month before from now, Because of malaria. I was shocked and worry for her children. She had many children. There were many beggers knew me in the street. They felt sorry for my sadness. They took one young guy to me. I couldn't realize who he is. He was my friend's son who was begging with her. He said "I'm taking care of my brothers. Don't worry". And smiled. He has been grown up much bigger.

My friend was Hindu. So she should been burned and floated into Ganga river. And reached Ganga Sagar(The end of Ganga river). It's Hindu custom. That's why I wandered to the place to find her presence.

I had no clear idea for the title of this blog. Then I just put the name of the place that was big impression in my travel experience.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is an incredible story, I am so touched by your comapassion and care for others. You are an inspiration....

12:27 PM, January 21, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see... what title means...It has not only sadness but also hope.

11:32 PM, May 17, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, even though it's a circle of nature and universe, we can't help the way we feel about death.
I've lost some people I loved,like my family memeber and friends, and i was like ... it's not enough to express myself 'sad'.
By the way, it's very nice picture and imposing story.
There always is a hope as long as we live, there has to be,let there be hope just around us.

2:43 AM, October 31, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home




Jerry
Location:Always moving

"Home is where the heart is" my friend said. My heart is in India even I am far from there or my body is pure Japanese. View my complete profile
Nominate Posts
  • The reason why the title is Ganga Sagar
  • Meaning of the picture in the profile
  • The Legend
  • RIVER LINKS
  • Dia
  • Lore
  • Merili
  • Peace
  • Lita
  • Sidney
  • Jill (from US)
  • Micki
  • Lx
  • David Cleinert
  • David Anderson
  • Patty
  • Kasia & Marcin
  • e2d
  • Dustin Hayes
  • A Gateway to Government of India
  • World66
  • Couch Surfing
  • World Sunlight Map
  • Lonely Planet
  • World Map