Sunday, February 05, 2006

Amazing Africa


I found this picture in the other website. My experiences in africa occured in my head when I saw this. I was teaching poor children English in Ethiopia and Kenya even my English is such stupid. I was teaching for level o class. so it's okay:p
I had 1000 students in Ethiopia. They were always smiling at me. I was really enjoying it. But life is not easy in Ethiopia. 25% of my students were HIV children. even though, they were still smiling. Once I had asked one of them if he was feared for the future. He replied "I am alive, I just take care of this moment".

I taught them English. They taught me the meaning of life. which one was greater teacher? Even if their lives are much shorter than mine, they had big reason to remain in this world.

1 Comments:

Blogger DiaKL said...

Their smiles are worth all the money in the world :)

4:06 PM, February 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home




Jerry
Location:Always moving

"Home is where the heart is" my friend said. My heart is in India even I am far from there or my body is pure Japanese. View my complete profile
Nominate Posts
  • The reason why the title is Ganga Sagar
  • Meaning of the picture in the profile
  • The Legend
  • RIVER LINKS
  • Dia
  • Lore
  • Merili
  • Peace
  • Lita
  • Sidney
  • Jill (from US)
  • Micki
  • Lx
  • David Cleinert
  • David Anderson
  • Patty
  • Kasia & Marcin
  • e2d
  • Dustin Hayes
  • A Gateway to Government of India
  • World66
  • Couch Surfing
  • World Sunlight Map
  • Lonely Planet
  • World Map