Saturday, February 18, 2006

Missing home

Even I am travelling as if crazy person, I am same human being. Sometime I miss home. There are so many Indian restaurants in Montreal. But they don't cook Indian food for real. I've been to some of them. Every time I asked them to cook real Indian in Hindy. They understood my Hindy. But they didn't cook it. They are too used to cook for foreigners. The only way to get it is too cook it on my own. yes, it is what I cooked. It is dar. most common food in India. Now I have to tell you shocking truth. There is no curry in India. Once English man asked local people that what the name of the food they were eating. Local man replied "kari". But it means soup in Tamir. It wasn't the name of the food. Every food in India has its name.
I can't bake chapati, so I put pasta into dar. It's strange, But taste was ok. The red one is Indian mango pickles. Everyone need spices in something among ones life.

3 Comments:

Blogger DiaKL said...

mmmmmmmm tooks tasty :)
and spicy too! :)

8:04 PM, February 18, 2006  
Blogger Sidney said...

Looks yummy :-)

8:51 PM, February 18, 2006  
Blogger Lore said...

Well, i think that the food only tastes as it should in their native country, i don't know why, maybe it's not how do they make it, maybe are the elements itself... pupusas are the native food from my country, i have family living in Connecticut, and they say that always pupusas taste better at here... i have never tried indian food!! i think i should!!! :D

6:32 PM, February 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home




Jerry
Location:Always moving

"Home is where the heart is" my friend said. My heart is in India even I am far from there or my body is pure Japanese. View my complete profile
Nominate Posts
  • The reason why the title is Ganga Sagar
  • Meaning of the picture in the profile
  • The Legend
  • RIVER LINKS
  • Dia
  • Lore
  • Merili
  • Peace
  • Lita
  • Sidney
  • Jill (from US)
  • Micki
  • Lx
  • David Cleinert
  • David Anderson
  • Patty
  • Kasia & Marcin
  • e2d
  • Dustin Hayes
  • A Gateway to Government of India
  • World66
  • Couch Surfing
  • World Sunlight Map
  • Lonely Planet
  • World Map