Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Hon Sung-Yop



When I was waiting for the bus at Toronto. I remembered a Korean guy who was feeding homeless people in Tokyo with me. Korean people always mind difference of age even only one year. Actually I really hate this culture, but he never cared it even he was much older than I. He was little bit strange Korean. Once he saw the woman coughing in his office. She had a sick on her lung. There’re many guys smoking. It’s quite normal in Japan. As the other places of Asia (including Korea), women are lower than men, but the Korean guy told them it’s not right. He told me about the story. I told him provably he’d be cut. He wasn’t full time worker. “Who cares?” He said, and smiled. He got kicked out of the company as I guessed, but he was still smiling. I was worry for his family in Korea. “I’ll immigrate to Toronto Canada,” he said. “I don’t want to send my sun to military service, and I want get my children grew up in more free situation”. I was surprised. He was terribly bad for Latin based languages. I was suppose to attend catholic novitiate in Philippine. My last day in Japan, we shared beer in his apartment room. “You’ll be good monk,” he said. That was his last comment. I got kicked out of the monastery after all. And now, I’m here in Ontario Canada too (Niagara Falls and Toronto are in Ontario), but I lost anything like e-mail address to contact him during the training. But I still remember what he has shown me. I was envy for his children. I didn’t have good father. Hon, I still remember you. How's it going? Leave your comment if you found it.

2 Comments:

Blogger micki said...

A very touching story, Jerry. He will be blessed for standing up and holding on to his morals and beliefs.

7:04 AM, April 26, 2006  
Blogger Jerry said...

thanx for ur comment micki. i couldn't complete writing actually. my there's a limit when u use computer at library.

10:17 AM, April 26, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home




Jerry
Location:Always moving

"Home is where the heart is" my friend said. My heart is in India even I am far from there or my body is pure Japanese. View my complete profile
Nominate Posts
  • The reason why the title is Ganga Sagar
  • Meaning of the picture in the profile
  • The Legend
  • RIVER LINKS
  • Dia
  • Lore
  • Merili
  • Peace
  • Lita
  • Sidney
  • Jill (from US)
  • Micki
  • Lx
  • David Cleinert
  • David Anderson
  • Patty
  • Kasia & Marcin
  • e2d
  • Dustin Hayes
  • A Gateway to Government of India
  • World66
  • Couch Surfing
  • World Sunlight Map
  • Lonely Planet
  • World Map