Friday, March 31, 2006

Pooja




Last time in Varanasi. There’s a Pooja (ceremony). Young priests were praying with oil lamps in their hands. I wanted to take a picture, but too many people. “Pooja Dekaie? (Do you want to watch the Pooja?)” Someone said from the back. He was one of my Sadu friends (the younger one in the picture on the top). He invited me to the guest terrace. It was best place to watch the Pooja. I wondered why he had a right to invite me to the place. Following day, I came to know his master (older one in the picture on the top) is higher Sadu. I didn’t notice it when I was talking with him. I have been talking with them just as friends. They were good guys. That’s enough for me.

7 Comments:

Blogger DiaKL said...

WoW, very good photos, it must have been an amazing ceremony :)

2:41 PM, March 31, 2006  
Blogger Lore said...

I would like to see such kind of ceremony!!!! Looks really interesting and the feeling must be amazing and so spiritual!! relaxing for soul!!! :)It must have been an honor!!

8:20 PM, March 31, 2006  
Blogger micki said...

That must have been a sight to behold! Facinating pictures. I guess it does pay to have friends with connections.

7:22 AM, April 01, 2006  
Blogger Sidney said...

Quite spectacular ! Amazing!

8:18 AM, April 01, 2006  
Blogger kasia & marcin said...

The first photo is a masterpiece!

2:28 PM, April 01, 2006  
Blogger Jill said...

Neat Jerry!!

6:22 PM, April 01, 2006  
Blogger e2d said...

Cool pictures Jerry.Inspired to visit varanasi now.Maybe someday.
Awesome new template by the way.:)

2:08 AM, April 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home




Jerry
Location:Always moving

"Home is where the heart is" my friend said. My heart is in India even I am far from there or my body is pure Japanese. View my complete profile
Nominate Posts
  • The reason why the title is Ganga Sagar
  • Meaning of the picture in the profile
  • The Legend
  • RIVER LINKS
  • Dia
  • Lore
  • Merili
  • Peace
  • Lita
  • Sidney
  • Jill (from US)
  • Micki
  • Lx
  • David Cleinert
  • David Anderson
  • Patty
  • Kasia & Marcin
  • e2d
  • Dustin Hayes
  • A Gateway to Government of India
  • World66
  • Couch Surfing
  • World Sunlight Map
  • Lonely Planet
  • World Map