Sunday, March 12, 2006

Simon


3rd time in Kolkata India. There was an English Indian guy sharing same room with me. He was learning Hindi even he was 60 years old. Because he was working for Mother Teresa's hospice together with me. He wanted to be closer to patients. He was searching for small house in Kolkata for to get stationed in the city. I asked him why he decided to move from rich country to such poor country. It must be tough for 60 years old guy. He was born in Mumbai India, but grew up in England. He took out a picture from his pocket, and shown me that. There was a woman smiling in the beautiful garden. "Is she your wife?" I asked. "Yes" he replied. "Where's she now? ". "She is passed". It was a big mistake that I asked about her. I didn't imagine a wife of 60 years old English guy was already passed. But he smiled and said "it's ok. I thought that I was left alone in the world when she passed. But there's a reason things went like this. I felt she is pushing my back to let me do what I wanted to do since long time ago. That's why I am here".

9 Comments:

Blogger DiaKL said...

Indeed, must be difficult for a 60 years old guy to be in India, very nice, he has motivation.
Did he live in England with his wife?

12:37 PM, March 12, 2006  
Blogger Jerry said...

he was a pure london guy. i wrote that he grew up in england in the post. he had almost nothing to do with india.

2:30 PM, March 12, 2006  
Blogger Lore said...

Touching story!!, he had a real motivation that comes deep from heart, and that's really sweet and wonderful!! First because he is back to his nature, to his blood land, second because he had a motivation that finally made it come true, with other strengh force that opened his heart and soul to take the journey and help others. That's magnificent! :)

5:46 PM, March 12, 2006  
Blogger Jerry said...

he was pure english in custom. he was completely same with the other english. that's why i said it's tough. indian people are everywhere, but it doesn't mean u can find indian soul or custom everywhere.

5:56 PM, March 12, 2006  
Blogger Jill said...

Very interesting story.

9:30 PM, March 12, 2006  
Blogger Sidney said...

Another great story!
You seem to have a very colorful life too! Amazing how we bridge thousands of miles from one day to the other.

12:13 AM, March 13, 2006  
Blogger Phoenix said...

I'm glad I stumbled upon your blog. You seem to be a travelled soul, a traveller still.
I like it that you like India and are trying to plumb the depths of the Ganga and its people.
Good luck!

6:49 AM, March 13, 2006  
Blogger micki said...

Very touching story. I wish him well in all he does. You too, you have a good heart.

7:16 AM, March 13, 2006  
Blogger Jerry said...

thanx for your comments everyone. i may not able to use computer for 9days from tommorow evening. i'll post tomorrow or tonight. i hope u do not forget me.

4:36 PM, March 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home




Jerry
Location:Always moving

"Home is where the heart is" my friend said. My heart is in India even I am far from there or my body is pure Japanese. View my complete profile
Nominate Posts
  • The reason why the title is Ganga Sagar
  • Meaning of the picture in the profile
  • The Legend
  • RIVER LINKS
  • Dia
  • Lore
  • Merili
  • Peace
  • Lita
  • Sidney
  • Jill (from US)
  • Micki
  • Lx
  • David Cleinert
  • David Anderson
  • Patty
  • Kasia & Marcin
  • e2d
  • Dustin Hayes
  • A Gateway to Government of India
  • World66
  • Couch Surfing
  • World Sunlight Map
  • Lonely Planet
  • World Map