Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Good bye Philippine

I’m sure you all get surprised. I was going to be catholic monk in Philippine even I’m such out of control. Of course I wasn’t good disciple for my master. I was used to comment for my master’s teaching. “Jerry, we religious are chosen people, we are different”. “Who is not chosen? People are all chosen for something special”. “Religious shouldn’t drink”. “Jesus loved to drink, because it’s the best way for discussion”. “Keep distance from women”. “Jesus always kept women beside him, because people need both power of men and women”. Like this. My master was always irritating. I had big difficulty with my master during the training. I was used to visit slam nearby my monastery. I was always welcome to them. People were really open in Philippine. I played basketball and watched NBA games with them. They comforted me without knowing. The end of the year, I went to the slam to celebrate New Year. They began to play fireworks, but one of fireworks fell into the middle of the slam. It became big fire, and began to burn their houses. Firemen came, but they didn’t want to get inside to put off fire. Someone must get inside, because fire was deep in the middle of slam. So I went with water hose in my hands. It was dangerous, gas was bombing everywhere, and electricity cables were cut, but I kept going, and reached middle of fire. The fire stopped, but it was big problem for my monastery. I had no right to do anything without permission, because I was just novice. That’s the way religious is. Much less, it was too dangerous. They had meeting, and I was forced to be in the monastery, but slam people needed people to sweep the after fire. So I went. Many of them lost everything. I brought my clothes and blankets, but nothing is my belongings, that’s the way religious is. Monks got angry. “Jerry, we’ll help them anyway, but we need to have a meeting to decide how to help them”. “They need help now, Manila is cold during the winter as you know, they can’t wait”.
I got kicked out of the monastery after all. I knew what happens, but I couldn't stop myself. Slam people helpped me when I was in the time of trouble. There's no way to runaway when they were in the time of trouble. Many of my friends expected I’d be good monk. Sorry friends, life is irregular, but it goes on. I’m wandering again.

9 Comments:

Blogger Jerry said...

thailand man! i wanted to go france as well. but it's a one of most expencive countries. pity... but i'm coming back to montreal quebec(not canada, quebec isn't part of canada) after thailand. france isn't too far. i have a chance in the future.

11:57 AM, April 27, 2006  
Blogger Peace said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:48 AM, April 28, 2006  
Blogger Jerry said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:42 PM, April 28, 2006  
Blogger micki said...

You know, Jerry. I don't think you could've shined as a Monk. Keep searching, you're on the right path.

6:00 AM, April 29, 2006  
Blogger Jerry said...

i wanted to be strange monk who close to outsider, micki. so i could be adapter. but my master didn't like it:p

10:39 AM, April 29, 2006  
Blogger Jill said...

Keep safe and God Bless.

11:57 PM, April 29, 2006  
Blogger Sidney said...

Interesting story. Indeed, people are very open , friendly and hospitable in the Philippines.
Bon voyage to Thailand. You are really restless ;-)

12:10 AM, April 30, 2006  
Blogger e2d said...

People are all chosen for something special indeed!!
Soo true Jerry.I absolutely loved that and I truly believe in it.
Enjoyed reading yr post---I have been irregular becos of my exams.
Lovely song u got here and have a wonderful trip.

5:34 AM, May 02, 2006  
Blogger Merili said...

YOu were very brave for doing what you did. Well done, if I was in your place I would have done the same. I respect your courage and faith, be true to yourself and no one else.

1:20 PM, May 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home




Jerry
Location:Always moving

"Home is where the heart is" my friend said. My heart is in India even I am far from there or my body is pure Japanese. View my complete profile
Nominate Posts
  • The reason why the title is Ganga Sagar
  • Meaning of the picture in the profile
  • The Legend
  • RIVER LINKS
  • Dia
  • Lore
  • Merili
  • Peace
  • Lita
  • Sidney
  • Jill (from US)
  • Micki
  • Lx
  • David Cleinert
  • David Anderson
  • Patty
  • Kasia & Marcin
  • e2d
  • Dustin Hayes
  • A Gateway to Government of India
  • World66
  • Couch Surfing
  • World Sunlight Map
  • Lonely Planet
  • World Map